Family Newsletter ~ January 23, 2020
Updated: Jul 17, 2020
Catholic Schools Week 2020
Here is an updated look at the week ahead.
***Please turn in all permission forms with payments ASAP!
2:30 Volunteers will set tables and begin food preparation for the breakfast on Sunday. Gather in the social hall at St. Philip Church if you are able to help.
8:00 and 10:30 Mass. Please join us! It is important for the parish to see our students and get a taste of all the good things we do.
8:00-1:00 Catholic United Financial Breakfast. We still could use more helpers for serving and clean-up. The kids are usually good helpers with the clean-up! We will also be selling Catholic United raffle tickets.
2:00 Talent Show. Please be reminded that the talent show will take place in the social hall at St. Philip Church. The line-up looks great and you don’t want to miss it!
· Pajama Day—wear PJs and slippers. Bring a blanket and pillow for the afternoon.
· We will begin the day with a special prayer service and have a special morning snack.
· Teacher appreciation lunch hosted by the School Committee and a free afternoon. Students will have a movie. Bring your own snack and water bottle.
· Twin Day – teachers will assign each student a “twin” or “triplet” so they can dress alike.
· K – Grade 1 will have their field trip to the Skatin’ Place in St. Cloud. Lunch will be provided. It's a great idea to bring a bike helmet.
· School Spirit Day. Dress in your St. Philip gear or wear blue/yellow.
· All families are encouraged to join us for Flapjacks for Families. The teachers will be serving pancakes and sausage. Know that we appreciate you, parents and families!
· We will spend all day at the church. Please drop off/pick up there. Hicks buses will do the same.
· Throughout the day we will be visiting local businesses. If you have completed Virtus and would still like to volunteer, you can still join us.
· Neon Day. Dress in your brightest outfit!
· Grade 2-5 will visit Powder Ridge. Please dress warmly and bring a cold lunch.
· Fancy Dress Day. Please wear your Sunday best!
· We will wrap up the week with an afternoon of BINGO in the cafeteria.
Come Play with Us
We had a wonderful preschool visit today with about 60 preschool children coming for activities in the morning and afternoon. Special thanks to Ms. Torborg, Ms. Zuehl, and all the marketing team for their help in preparing for this event.
Don’t forget to place your yearbook order! They are just $10 for a 20-page, full-color book. Forms were sent home last week.